Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Practice of Recapitulation (part II)

                      

While doing recapitulation, the adept comes to understand many things. One of them is how complicated the world of energy is. In it, everything has a meaning and is pervaded with life. We can see how animism is connected to the visions of the old adepts of this art, as initially it wasn't about worship of anything, it was about going in and living in the second attention. That is where the "belief" that all is alive comes from. Conversely, it leads to the veneration of the objects and is generally confining, in other words it is a path away from freedom. I hope that you can see that I am an animist at heart, but I am also a seer in spirit, so I can see how much the attachment to objects stops the energy and lands on one particular position of accumulation of material wealth. And there ain't nothing wrong with that! Since on the deeper level, the main attraction is still energy, various kinds and varieties of it. Thus, a fascination that many have with antique and vintage objects. It is impossible to describe the magnetism that an old venerated object can have. Though I do not think that those who collect them, understand that magnetism in terms of energy. If they would, perhaps it would be easier to let go of any such valuable object from" the collection". Hey, thanks for reading my blog.) And no, you don't have to let go of any valuable objects that you have, especially that clock.

The warrior is constantly in deep communion with the Abstract, and doing recapitulation shows just how profound that connection can be. The memories, oh those memories that take up so much of our time, and regulate our behavior even after many years have passed...Why not just resolve all the conflicts once and for all?...breath in and breath out...

I did not realize the power of recap until a few years ago when I met a group of esteemed practitioners here in the town X, they reminded me something that I have seemed to have forgotten - I need to continue to recapitulate! Coinciding with several other important events in my life, I went back to this practice, and boy, was I in for few surprises. I have accumulated so many memories, and have cultivated so many relationships, family, friendship and otherwise that my life would seem anything but empty and boring. While recapitulating I realized that my persistent feeling of being lonely is a lie, and illusion that I have long cultivated for whatever reasons. Indeed, it is true that the "warrior's life is filled to the brim". Literally if you think about it, even the spaces in between are filled with something, thus making the web of connections much more subtle and infinitely more complex.

At the beginning of recapitulation one encounters an usher, a powerful event from an energetic standpoint that "takes you in" so to speak, just like an usher does. It is an interesting and a rewarding process to look for an usher, and find that starting line if you should have one at all.

I am gradually coming to understand what is an usher, but parallely I am also receiving visionary messages about other things, like the one that I am researching at the time, or otherwise anything in that Out-verse. I am starting to make connections, and am realizing that I am diving deeper into dreaming. It is a revelation because I have not realized how interconnected the stalking and dreaming are. My heart is beating faster just thinking about it. Undisputedly, one needs a sense of sobriety, a calm, powerful sense that there is no worry, no rush, and there is plenty of time for pretty much anything that has to be done. I think one can start getting this sense from the practice of recapitulation. In turn, having some sobriety can lead to a more stable sense that you are actually improving your practice, and not just turning the head back and fro for no reason, other than to relax and feel rested.

In terms of general behavior, a warrior to be aims for impeccability which is none other than a proper use of energy. Of course, it is more complicated as one needs to think very deeply about this sort of stuff for the lack of guidance from a benefactor. If you do have the grace of having one - even better. It has been becoming better for me because I am becoming benefactor for other people, and that's quite nice, as I get to practice Toltec virtues, for the lack of a better term, in much wider world of interconnections, and that is very rewarding.




No comments :

Post a Comment